Director of Lab Operations - Microbiology
3 days left
- Salary Type
Our client is a leader in providing food safety testing services nationally. Their state of the art laboratories offer microbiology and chemical testing, as well as nutritional labeling services. They are looking to add an experienced Lab Director to their team. This individual will be responsible for overall supervision of the Fresno laboratory operations. You will be responsible for long range planning and implementing strategies for retaining, developing and expanding the business. You will ensure the lab consistently produces accurate test results, maintaining and increasing the customer base and testing services.
- Competitive compensation package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health and dental coverage
- Employer paid short- and long-term disability, as well as life insurance
- Direct supervision of a team of approximately 5-7 managers, supervisors and senior staff.
- Indirect supervision and oversight of up to 70 lab staff.
- Plan and manage the laboratory budget.
- Ensure customer needs are met in a cost-effective manner.
- Oversee the technical and scientific oversight of all laboratory services including microbiology and chemistry.
- Attain company objectives through selection, development, management and evaluation of lab staff.
- Implement consistent policies, procedures and business practices for all employees.
- Select and establish appropriate test methodology.
- Interact with clients & projects. Manage multiple resources and effectively facilitate the lab's interactions to ensure customer satisfaction and the lab's profitability..
- Supervise laboratory operations to maintain quality, efficiency and turnaround time on lab work.
- Participate in large project proposals with attention to profitability and client satisfaction.
- Maintain a high degree of technical competence by staying current on scientific journals, attending professional workshops, and being aware of food industry issues and trends.
- Foster smoothly running laboratory functions through timely and effective resolution of disruptions; i.e.: equipment maintenance, purchases and laboratory supplies. Ensure the laboratory is clean, sanitary, well organized and that building/equipment maintenance operations are performed.
- Works with Laboratory team to be ISO 17025 compliant and ensure that the Corporate Quality Management System is correctly employed.
- Ensure the lab maintains the Laboratory Safety Program at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS required, MS degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Technology, or related field technical procedures, or governmental regulations preferred or pursuing.
- 5+ years of management experience in a lab environment.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.