United States of America - Nebraska, Omaha
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Geologist/Environmental Scientist/Engineer for employment in the Omaha, NE office. This position would support the Environmental business line, primarily working on Federal projects.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes basic scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop solutions for technical problems with limited scope.
- Prepare technical work plans and reports.
- Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Plan, execute, analyze and report on environmental measures in natural systems.
- Apply standard field practices and techniques using basic field equipment to collect samples of soil, soil vapor, groundwater, surface water, sediment; prepare samples for shipping, and complete chain-of-custody or similar paperwork.
- Apply knowledge of natural sciences (chemistry, physics, biology, hydrology, and mathematics) to explain observations.
- Study contaminants and determine how to restore the environment.
- Prepare basic data and scientific documents.
- Performs unsupervised field tasks.
- Direct staff in the execution of tasks.
- Review analytical data for general indicators of quality for routine analyses based on well-defined guidelines.
- Coordination with task and project managers, working with on-site subcontractors and field staff, supporting sampling, data collection, and field documentation.
- Provide technical expertise support.
At AECOM , we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM's global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals - to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Engineering or other related discipline (e.g., geophysics, geochemistry, environmental geology, engineering geology) + 2 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Valid U.S. Driver's License
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
- Master's degree in geology, hydrogeology or other related discipline (e.g., geophysics, hydrogeology, geochemistry, environmental geology, engineering geology).
- Professional registration or track to obtain professional registration.
- Ability to travel for meetings.
- Experience with developing conceptual site models, and preparing remediation strategies
- Proficiency in standard office suite software applications.
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certification
- Database, GIS, CAD, visualization software skills are desirable
- Ability to demonstrate professional demeanor in written and verbal communications with clients, regulatory officials, and fellow employees.
- Ability to write and to convey complex thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise manner. Ability to learn through on-the-job experience.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and safely drive a full-size pickup truck.
- Tolerance for work in outdoor environments in a range of weather conditions and be medically fit for wearing a respirator.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 250706BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.