Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won't give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution-from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to provide technical expertise to a newly created Data Analytics group focused on enabling our Product Development teams to make data driven decisions. You will work on groundbreaking projects to leverage massive, structured, unstructured, transactional and real-time data sets from a variety of sources. We need you to provide statistical knowledge and unlock sophisticated experimental design while also building small data-driven applications to improve efficiency.
- Interact with Product & Operations teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments and investigate new data sources.
- Collaborate with team members across the organization to acquire, clean, analyze and visualize data from a myriad of sources.
- Trend data appropriately to identify meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; communicate findings from analysis to cross functional partners.
- Compile reports and build data interface dashboards for internal teams.
- Provide statistical expertise and consulting to various groups throughout the organization.
- Continuously establish and maintain excellent record keeping and documentation.
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, STEM or related field.
- 5+ years of data mining / statistical data analytics experience including applied techniques in data mining, machine learning, or scientific computing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a natural curiosity for finding unexpected solutions with a customer service mindset.
- Excellent visualization skills.
- Demonstrated experience in building web applications or dashboards with software like Tableau.
- Experience with common data science toolkits and libraries, such as Matlab, SAS, or similar is required. Programming experience (Python, R/Matlab, etc.) is desirable.
- Experience with Food, Agriculture, CPG, or Pharmaceutical
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.