Climate Data Analyst
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Grand Rapids is a Michigan city on the Grand River, east of Lake Michigan. A historic furniture-manufacturing center, Grand Rapids is home to five of the world's leading office furniture companies, and is nicknamed "Furniture City." Other nicknames include "River City" and more recently, "Beer City." Whether you are looking to relocate or are a current resident, job opportunities in Grand Rapids are abundant.
On Time Talent Solutions is seeking a Climate Data who is looking for a career that makes a major difference in people's lives and has a positive impact on the environment.
Climate Data Analyst Responsibilities:
- Generate weather fronts, analyze high and low-pressure areas, create and disseminate tropical cyclone information and performing global ice analysis
- Run and maintain models of water demand and supply for climate change projections. These skills will be taught, but a familiarity with basic computing is required.
- Gather data on factors affecting the health of watersheds (for example, development, invasive species, and fire)
- Help develop web tools, PowerPoint presentations, and written documents to make the data and results available to National Forests and the scientific community
- Communicate with national forests to ensure the data is appropriate for their long-term planning needs
- Attend weekly lab meetings and report latest findings to research team
Climate Data Analyst Qualifications:
- A bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree in economics, natural resource economics, hydrology, computer science, or a related field
- Passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience including comprehensive issue resolution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with next-level attention to detail
- Flexibility to work as part of a team or independently, as needed, to meet shifting deadlines, priorities, and schedules