Head of RNA Biology
We are seeking an experienced and creative leader to join our interdisciplinary R&D team with the focus on product development of therapeutic nucleic acids. This candidate will take the leading role within the R&D group to develop new products and applications. He/she will also drive collaboration and communication with our production team and biologics department.
- Lead a cross-functional team to propose, design, plan, and manage R&D projects with focus in gene and RNA therapeutics applications
- Develop and optimize large scale DNA and RNA production process
- Lead the research efforts on RNA design, modifications, and protein translation for mRNA and circular RNA.
- Synthesis and characterization of RNA and DNA constructs
- Define QC methods for the developed products/service
- Collaborate with and/or supervise the scientists and engineers on joint projects
- Transfer developed technologies to the production team and provide support as needed for process improvement, scale-up or troubleshooting
- Perform statistical data analysis and present the results
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology, Microbiology, Biomedical Engineering, or related biomedical field with a minimum of 6 year experience in the pharmaceutical company, biotech or related industries
- Track record of success in RNA assay and product development
- Expert in RNA biology and RNA chemistry including structure simulation, design, modification and stability improvement
- Strong molecular biology laboratory skills. Experience in nucleic acid amplification, in vitro transcription, primer/probe/vector design, enzymatic reactions, PCR, qPCR, next-generation sequencing, molecular cloning and large scale plasmid preparation
- Knowledgeable in nucleic acid chemistry, molecular/cellular mRNA metabolism and translation mechanism
- Proven ability to analyze multi-factorial data, provide conclusions and design next steps independently.
- Experience in process development for cGMP-compliant therapeutic nucleic acid production is preferred
- Experience w 31115000 ith automation platforms is a plus
- Demonstrated initiative and pursuit of successful collaborative research projects with interdisciplinary team
- Demonstration of goal-oriented, hands-on and innovative approach to problem solving