At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture and distribute materials which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to improve the world of tomorrow with us.
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain's Life Sciences is looking for a driven, talented, and experienced leader to join our R&D management team and lead a technical group for our fast growing Bioprocess Solutions (BPS) business. The individual will develop work closely with the business unit General Management and leadership team, as well as R&D leadership to develop and implement an R&D strategy and to lead a team to develop new technology and product innovation, competency improvement and thought leadership building.
As a R&D Manager, the candidate will be expected to work with Bioprocess Solutions (BPS) management and R&D leadership team to develop R&D strategy and project portfolio. The incumbent will lead cross functional teams in project planning and managing (either directly or indirectly) others to execute and deliver project objectives and impact business results. The candidate will collaborate effectively internally with a broad range of internal functions including central R&D colleagues, Application Engineering, Quality, Regulatory and Manufacturing. External collaborations include partnering with end users, customers and technology providers. Candidate is also expected to play key role in proposing new competency development, new projects and programs vital to the business growth of the group. Further the candidate will be responsible for developing direct reports and others within the group.
- Working closely with the business, utilizes scientific theory and new technologies to impact business growth and thought leadership in the Biopharma market.
- Provides technology leadership to associates and colleagues throughout BPS business.
- Manages full BPS R&D project portfolio globally and across targeted strategic market segments. Insures resources and projects are aligned with strategic focus of the business. Prepares reviews for business and technical leadership.
- Manages a portfolio of multiple projects simultaneously, on time and within budget to meet business objectives.
- Is viewed as a great leader of people, while progressively becoming recognized as one of the Company experts in BPS R&D area
- Demonstrates open and collaborative approach in all areas of responsibility. Has excellent communications skills - oral and written. Able to communicate technically with internal competencies, external collaborators and customers and utilize knowledge to advance projects and identify productive synergies and apply these to find solutions/advancements. Liaise with plant experts and users to provide the best technical outcome.
- Liaise with Suppliers and uses Open Innovation approaches.
- Ensures Safety and Risks Reduction are a first priority in every project
- Ensure success across the R&D portfolio from development of new materials, new process and new application procedure and test methods.
- Enables documentation and ensure proper trainings in meeting regulatory requirements and Life Sciences Quality standards by the team.
- Takes lead in the hiring and staffing of the teams to insure that we hire strong skills in both technology and leadership, and having succession plan for all key positions.
- Works with IP Attorney and key R&D and business leadership to insure the strategic management of the responsible IP portfolio.
- BS Degree with a minimum of 18+ years' experience, MS with 12+ years of experience, or PhD with 8+ years of experience in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related disciplines.
- 5+ years of R&D team and people management
- Strong background materials science and preferably in polymeric materials is preferred
- Experience in life science fields including bioprocessing or medical or pharmaceutical is strongly desired
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.