Our Omaha, NE
location has an opening for an Industrial/Field Chemist (Non-Lab). Our Chemists are responsible for packaging waste, completing corresponding paperwork, and transporting waste to local disposal facility. ***This position is not a lab chemist position and requires up to 100% field work in various working conditions.Your Responsibilities:
Your qualifications include your ability to:
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Executes lab pack projects/jobs and ensures the proper packaging of material/waste.
- Conducts projects/jobs according to site-specific Federal, State, and local regulations and health and safety plans.
- Prints labels, label drums, and stage drums for driver pick-up.
- Ensures drum count is correct and that drum conditions are shippable in accordance with our company's policies and procedure.
Your Clean Harbors Rewards:
- Class B CDL or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire (we will provide training).
- Obtain require Hazmat endorsements;
- Use a mobile computer;
- Work nights, weekends, and travel overnight, as needed
- 1+ years of hazardous waste handling experience is a plus.
- 1+ years of chemical or laboratory experience is a plus.
- Bachelors of Science preferred, but not necessary.
- $18-$22/Hr. depending on experience
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Group 401K with company matching
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments (Health and Safety is our #1 priority)
- Growth and development opportunities throughout your career