Overview: RES is the nation?s largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 328 stream miles, 58,024 wetland acres, and rehabilitated, preserved, and/or managed over 15,000 acres of special-status species habitats. RES operations include planting over 17,400,000 restorative trees and reducing over 267 tons of polluting nutrients. RES navigates and streamlines the environmental permitting process with solutions that balance economic development and ecological sustainability through the establishment of mitigation/conservation banks, permittee responsible turnkey mitigation, and corporate social responsibility projects.
RES is accepting applications for an Ecologist with 1 to 3 years of relevant work or educational experience to provide broad environmental support to a team of environmental restoration and mitigation professionals. Responsibilities: The desired candidate?s responsibilities would include performing all aspects of field work, collecting, inputting, and organizing data, and writing technical reports.
Field work will consist of 60-75% of all work.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S. in an environmental science related field (such as but not limited to ecology, forestry, botany, geology, soils, and wildlife biology etc.)
- Experience performing wetland delineations
- Proficiency in native and invasive plant identification.
- Superior writing, communication, and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent technical writing skills with attention to detail
- Flexible with unexpected changes in work schedule
- Ability to effectively focus on a variety of tasks to produce quality results within deadlines
- A flexible working style, the ability to work independently and with teams of specialists to meet project goals
- Acceptable driving record
- Positive attitude and a team-centered approach to problem solving
- M.S. in an environmental science related field (such as but not limited to ecology, forestry, botany, geology, soils, wildlife biology, etc.)
- Experience with Trimble GPS and various survey equipment
- Direct experience with state and federal environmental regulations and permitting processes
- GIS proficiency
- PWS or WPIT certification
- Comfortable hauling trailers and working with ATVs/UTVs
- Ability to work long hours outdoors
- Ability to walk 2 to 5 miles outdoors in various wetland and other rugged terrain
- Ability to read and interpret environmental mapping
- Ability to travel several days consecutively per month, some overnight travel required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor