Director/Senior Director, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Requisition Number: BIO21-905
Blueprint Medicines is a global precision therapy company that invents life-changing therapies for people with cancer and hematologic disorders. Applying an approach that is both precise and agile, we create medicines that selectively target genetic drivers, with the goal of staying one step ahead across stages of disease. Since 2011, we have leveraged our research platform, including expertise in molecular targeting and world-class drug design capabilities, to rapidly and reproducibly translate science into a broad pipeline of precision therapies. Today, we are delivering approved medicines directly to patients in the United States and Europe, and we are globally advancing multiple programs for genomically defined cancers, systemic mastocytosis, and cancer immunotherapy. What will you do?
What will be your responsibilities?
- Apply or develop new tools or data-mining techniques for integrative analysis and visualization of multi-dimensional data-sets for both target identification and biomarker discovery.
- Integrate genomic and experimental data using established and/or in-house platforms to help refine patient population and responder hypotheses.
- Collaborate with internal drug discovery teams and external investigators for the development of transformative medicines.
- Advocate and execute on data democratization, visualization, and cross-functional data strategies.
- Monitor and optimize internal and cloud-based computation environment and data security.
- Present clearly and succinctly in a variety of internal and external settings.
What qualifications do we require?
- Lead and mentor the Computational Biology and Bioinformatics team and coordinate the group's collaboration with project teams.
- Provide strategic and scientific leadership as part of cross-functional research teams.
- Develop both bioinformatic tools and analysis strategies to generate focused hypotheses across the drug discovery portfolio.
- Serve as an internal SME to work on a variety of computational biology and genomics projects centered on target identification and biomarker discovery.
What qualifications do we prefer?
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience with 8+ years of demonstrated ability in bioinformatics or computational biology in an industry setting, preferably in oncology
- Deep understanding of genomics-related technologies, such as RNA-seq, WES, CRISPR and single cell RNA-seq.
- Experience in interrogating publicly available datasets, such as TCGA, CCLE and DepMap.
- Proficiency with R, Python or other scripting language for statistical computing and graphics; familiarity with code repository practices; and experience with cloud-based analytical environments.
- Understanding of the biological processes in oncology.
- Ability to lead and also work as a team member in a dynamic, fast-paced biotech environment.
- Ability to work with internal and external collaborators to funnel emerging genomics discoveries to guide internal programs.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate in an open, clear and timely manner.
What capabilities do you bring?
- Implementation of cross-functional data lake strategy.
- Knowledge of small molecule discovery process.
- Understanding of immunology and/or genetically-defined diseases.
- Leading and contributing to computational biology and bioinformatics work across the spectrum, from data mining and analysis when needed, through working collaboratively with project teams and senior management on strategy and tactics.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and styles.
- Ability to work effectively project leads, project teams, and other stakeholders in the drug discovery and development process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Who we are:
We don't think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together in a diverse community. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.
Powered by JazzHR