Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won't give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution-from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
We are inviting a creative Scientist to join the Materials and Texture Team within Impossible's extraordinary R&D department. We are looking for a top-tier researcher to develop new technologies and processes related to plant-based food structuring. Alongside your R&D team members you will collaboratively address some of the hardest challenges at the frontier of food science and biotechnology.
- Help develop new technology platforms to achieve great textural properties for a variety of products.
- Propose and execute original experiments relying on literature research and personal expertise.
- Collaborate with Discovery and Product teams to deliver delicious, functional prototypes for scale-up.
- Work closely with the Sensory and Consumer Insights teams to understand and improve the products.
- Mentor junior team members.
- PhD, or equivalent industry experience in: Materials Science, Food Science, Chemistry, related fields.
- Consistent track record and desire to work at the bench.
- Ability to gather, record, and interpret complex and ambiguous experimental data.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Abilities to work efficiently with diverse and dynamic teams.
- Ability to handle constantly evolving objectives and approaches of an innovative company.
- Useful skills include: Texture analysis, rheology, knowledge of protein, polysaccharide, and other ingredient behavior, and prototyping.
- Self-motivation, and the desire to contribute to the mission of Impossible Foods.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.