DNV- Energy Systems is looking for a West Coast Offshore Wind Senior Consultant
to join the team. The West Coast Offshore Wind Senior Consultant is responsible for seeking and securing project development and owner's engineering contracts to support offshore wind project development Customers, with emphasis on the Pacific markets. DNV is specifically seeking an enthusiastic candidate with a strong background in the offshore wind industry, who can develop and maintain strong customer relationships, develop and deliver on new business opportunities, enjoys strategic planning and execution, and can manage delivery of offshore wind development service projects of a wide range of complexity. The candidate should demonstrate both a strong background in managing offshore wind development activities or in-water work and a proven track record winning offshore wind contracts. This position will be Customer-facing, with significant opportunities for leadership and autonomy in the day to day business development and management of projects.
The West Coast Offshore Wind Senior Consultant will join the expanding North American Offshore Wind Team within the multi-disciplinary Project Development and Engineering Department, which is part of DNV's Renewables and Power Grids service area, and contains nearly 100 scientists, engineers, and environmental professionals. The dynamic working environment will require a candidate who is easily adaptable and has the experience and technical skillset to be customer-facing and develop opportunities that allow the broader department to deliver on a range of offshore wind services including those in the development, permitting, construction, and operational phases of project lifecycles. DNV is looking for a dynamic candidate with great communication skills, ability to develop strong relationships with Customers to solve their techno-economic challenges when developing an offshore wind project, and someone who can take ownership and lead a multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts within DNV.
The West Coast Offshore Wind Senior Consultant may engage in a variety of tasks based on their skills, including: internal strategic planning for the offshore wind markets; executing a business development strategy that includes the promotion of DNV core services as well as the development of new service areas critical to the growth of the U.S. offshore wind market; assisting Customers with RFP submittal preparation for lease areas and procurement processes; engaging in stakeholder, public, and agency meetings; supporting the Environmental and Permitting services team with their development of SAP/COP/EIS content and other environmental documentation; providing technical due diligence for projects obtaining financing or for M&A transactions or evaluating partnerships; and many other general development activities. Importantly, this employee will be responsible for establishing and strengthening relationships with Customers, bringing in and evaluating new contract leads, authoring proposals, and considering where DNV's services should change to meet the needs of the growing offshore wind market in North America. Why you should work with us?
Because within DNV's Renewables Advisory group and organizational culture, how we collectively influence the world for future generations matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
This position will be located in our Anaheim, CA; Long Beach, CA; Berkeley, CA; Santa Monica, CA; Univ of Santa Clara, CA; Roseville, CA ; Sacramento CA ; or Portland, OR officesTasks May Include
- Support Offshore Wind business development activities in North America by identifying opportunities in the local market, leveraging and nurturing current relationships and growing new relationships with key Customers, and providing key market intelligence to help develop services according to the local industry needs, to yield an estimated $1M-$2M order intake/annually.
- Lead multidisciplinary proposal efforts and RFP responses, which may require inputs from a variety of technical teams. Excellent skills in crafting value propositions, planning staff resourcing, and coordination are a must.
- Act as a collaborative Project Manager for multi-disciplinary projects, interfacing with Customers, maintaining quality from sales through delivery, and delivering on DNV's comprehensive service offerings from pre-feasibility phase through to decommissioning. The role includes responsibility for multiple client interactions including scoping, status reporting, and discussion and review of project deliverables.
- Support technical advisory services for offshore projects under development, which may include earliest phases of lease area evaluation; market, partnering, and competitor analysis; RFP preparation; permit and study preparation; managing civil and electrical engineering studies; managing wind resource assessment and measurement campaigns; due diligence and project evaluations; etc.
- Interface with and motivate project team members from multiple technical disciplines and departments, employing technical acuity, knowledge, and imparting experience to effectively communicate scopes and critical project success factors independently.
- Communicate about DNV's services and thought leadership at industry events, conferences, and Customer meetings, as well as local and global internal R&D projects related to DNV's offshore wind business.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the offshore infrastructure industry, or 5 years of experience in the onshore wind
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of offshore wind technology components, development lifecycle, procurement processes and project costs, and relevant stakeholders and industry decision makers.
- Candidate must have a well-developed network of contacts within the North American offshore wind energy industry.
- We are looking for a self-starter, able to generate and contract new business, manage projects entirely independently, train and develop junior staff, manage sensitive and confidential customer information, and have the ability to understand when to delegate and escalate tasks and issues as they arise. Excellent organization skills and attention to detail are a must!
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. The ability to comfortably explain complicated analysis methodologies or results, scopes of work, budget or contracting terms, and other relevant offshore wind technical topics to a wide range of audiences is essential.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time, including domestic and international.
- Must pass pre-employment background and drug screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
- Graduate degree or higher
- Project management professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at www.dnv.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!