The Single-cell group in the I&I Precision Immunology Cluster at Sanofi is focused on delivering first-in-class medicines to patients by deconstructing the mechanisms of autoimmune disease into cellular building blocks and advancing first-in-class therapeutics for precision targeting of pathogenic cell types. Our efforts have achieved significant internal and external visibility and media presence.
We are seeking a highly competent, independent, proactive, driven and well-organized Principal Lab Scientist to build on our present achievements and ensure our future success. The ideal candidate will derive professional satisfaction from:
Applying established single-cell transcriptomic protocols to understand disease and drug mechanisms Developing and maintaining cutting-edge expertise on novel experimental methods for single-cell analysis Using analytic tools and workflows to uncover the activity of disease-relevant genes and pathways in pathogenic cell types Designing, executing and/or successfully outsourcing validation assays Transversally leading projects involving outsourcing of established workflows and/or complex follow-up mechanistic assays (organoid, CRISPR, proteomics) Collaborating with academic, industry, and internal partners on method development and disease-focused scientific studies. Leading and contributing to high-profile presentations and publications.
S/he should have the ability to independently set up and execute complex laboratory workflows, clearly and consistently document results, and establish their relevance to key decision points in the drug discovery process. Opportunities to mentor interns, technicians and junior scientists may be available. This is a hands-on lab-based position.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Systems Biology or related discipline, with postdoctoral training at a solid academic institution and/or equivalent industry experience (exceptional candidates with the right background and skills may be considered right after Ph.D.)
- A track record of productivity, innovation and impact (publications, patents)
- Broad experience with cell-based assays and molecular techniques such as primary cell isolation/culture, multicolor flow cytometry, cell sorting, ELISA, qPRC, RNA and DNA isolation, immunoblot.
- Extensive hands-on experience and deep knowledge of single-cell experimental workflows (10X, InDrop, SeqWell, CITE/REAP-seq, etc) and sample preparation/preservation methods.
- Familiarity with basic principles and analytics in single-cell analysis. Ability to use R or python-based analytic workflows a definite plus.
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and team skills; track record of success working collaboratively across disciplines.
What we offer:
A combination of start-up mindset and big pharma stability.
An academic spirit of curiosity and potential for direct impact on people's lives.
An environment fostering individual growth, ensuring visibility and celebrating achievement.
Flexible, goal-oriented work schedule, excellent work-life balance, allowing you to thrive both professionally and personally.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.