The Cancer Vaccines and Immuno-therapeutics department within Pfizer's Oncology R&D organization is developing state-of-the-art immunotherapy regimens to benefit cancer patients. This Principal Scientist position will join a highly skilled and dedicated Molecular and Cellular Biology (MCB) team to apply expertise and leadership advancing novel immunotherapies from preclinical research through early clinical development. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Serving as MCB line representative on one or more immune cell engager antibody programs.
- In collaboration with cross-functional team, design next generation immune cell engaging antibodies (bi-specifics, tri-specifics); engineer expression vectors; express and purify antibodies at small scale; develop and perform in vitro cell-based and biophysical characterization assays.
- Apply scientific expertise in antibody drug discovery to advance programs.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, providing specialized knowledge and influence to maximize program speed and success.
- Potentially serve as Research Project Leader on an immune cell engager program.
- Contribute expertise in molecular and cellular biology to other Cancer Vaccines and Immuno-therapeutics programs to aid development and advancement of the portfolio.
- Provide ideas and perform research to identify new opportunities to develop immune-mediated therapeutics.
- Directly manage a team of 1-3 experimental scientists, maximizing employee productivity, engagement, and professional development.
- Strengthen line and department's overall immuno-oncology capabilities and expertise.
- Contribute to preparation of drug development and regulatory documents.
- Effectively communicate strategy, methodology, progress, and challenges to multiple stakeholders and partners.
- Participate in collaboration with external academic and industry partners to advance programs and develop new ones.
- Ph.D. in molecular and cellular biology, immunology, or related field.
- At least 5 years of post-Ph.D. experience in the area of antibody drug discovery for the treatment of cancer.
- Demonstrated productivity working as part of cross-functional team.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Expertise with a variety of different molecular cloning techniques.
- Expertise developing and performing cell-based assays.
- Expertise in performing in vitro antibody characterization assays.
- Experience in generating stable cell lines.
- Experience in cancer vaccines and/or oncolytic viruses.
- A strong record of achievement, including advancement of cancer drug projects and/or publications.
- Outstanding communication and ability to both influence and motivate other.
Other Job Details:
- Required to work with BSL2 infectious viruses (e.g., Vaccinia, adenovirus, lentivirus, etc.) and must receive and maintain required vaccinations or provide satisfactory proof of same.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: June 21, 2021
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
- Eligible for Relocation: YEs
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development