At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and consulting services; dedicated to the mission of helping the best companies in the world improve the quality of life by providing the highest standard in laboratory testing.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and PTO, and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Because Every Employee Matters, we offer comprehensive training programs, mentorship, innovative lab practices, and a culture of employee collaboration.Summary
The Laboratory Analyst conducts testing in accordance with established procedures using Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), and under the supervision of the Study Director. Additionally, Laboratory Analysts record data concurrently, maintain traceability of samples throughout testing and notify the Study Director of any unforeseen circumstances that occur during testing.Essential Job Duties
- Perform testing, both GLP and non GLP; start to finish under supervision of the Study Director.
- Ensure testing is conducted according to approved procedures (SOP, CSS, STP, etc.).
- Participate in the collaboration of quality events (unexpected results, deviations, etc.).
- Assist with and review controlled documents.
- Basic computer skills including functional knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.)
- Know and follow company policies and procedures
- Complete required training on time
- Attend work regularly and reliably
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Non-Degree Track - Analysts that don't currently hold an Associate's or Bachelor's degree. Must have at least a HS Diploma/GED or equivalent - pay rate: $15.50
Associate Level Track - Analysts that have an Associate's Degree or have completed 2 years of a Bachelor's degree in a related science - pay rate: $16.50
Bachelor Level Track - Analysts that have completed a Bachelor's degree in a related science - pay rate: $18.00Work Environment
This job operates in a professional laboratory environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and lab equipment including but not limited to, computers, keyboards, computer mouse, telephones, photocopiers, file cabinets, microscopes, micropipettes, pipette aids and various hand tools.
The possibility exists for exposure to biological and chemical hazards, exposure to carcinogenic compounds and other environmental aspects which may be considered unfavorable. Employees are expected to follow Biosafety and Chemical Hygiene policies, practices and procedures.Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are a representation of those that must be met to perform the essential job functions:
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Required to sit 15% of the day, stand and traverse 75% of the day to various office and lab locations and 10% of the day working at a computer.
- Bending, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing.
- Ability to have full body movement required.
- Occasional push and pull tasks with one or both hands.
- Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, goggles, face shields, gloves, lab coats and personal protective equipment deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees from various solutions, wastes, etc.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.