ITT Goulds is seeking an Environment Safety and Health Senior Manager to lead the Seneca Falls operations ESH program. The incumbent will directly and indirectly manage a small team of ESH techs and the plant hospital; will be tasked with providing leadership in the group and overseeing organizational compliance with local, state and federal ES&H regulations. Providing ESH support to the site, the ESH Manager will be responsible for influencing ESH strategy and advising executive leadership.
Position: Environment Safety and Health Senior Manager
Location: Seneca Falls NY
Manages Others: Yes, 1 site safety analyst plus rotational co-op's, also oversees the plant hospital
Relocation: Yes, eligible for relocation
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Safety Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety Sciences, or related technical field preferred
Experience: 10+ years' progressive ESH experience leading to strategic leadership within a manufacturing environment required. Strong environmental regulatory and safety compliance background is required.
• In alignment with the General Manager, SFO and the Director IP ESH, develops strategy for long term ESH culture development Influences Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance and site management to drive ESH performance
• Providing practical and technical expertise, advice, and solutions to site management (may also role out to regional and national sites)
• Promoting continuous improvement efforts in the ESH function, integrating tactical and strategic ESH planning
• Monitors program compliance and conducts ESH audits; serves as team leader during Corporate ESH audits and other external audits
• Ensure regulatory compliance with: OSHA/DEC/EPA/DEC/NFPA/USDA/DOH
• Main contact with various government and regulating bodies regarding hazardous waste, air permits, radiation, waste water, brownfield site regulation, spill reporting, injuries etc.
• Ensure compliance with environmental reporting: NESHAP 6x/State Facilities, 5Z, Tier II, TRI Data, DMR Review, Haz Waste
• Ensures timely renewal of permits and any associated fees: SPDES, PBS, USDA, Radiation, Air (associated fees: TP550/Air/SPDES/USDA)
• Oversees and ensures compliance and regulatory standards with the sites brownfield requirements
• Assists and advises direct ESH reports in the execution of daily activities including training and safety initiatives, program/policy applications.
• Bachelor's Degree in Safety Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety Sciences, or related technical field preferred
• 10+ years' progressive ESH experience within a manufacturing environment
• CSP, CIH, CHMM preferred
• Demonstrated experience of successful program management and compliance in an industrial organization required
• 7+ years of regulatory compliance working with OSHA/DEC/EPA/DEC/NFPA/USDA/DOH is required
• 7+ years of experience as acting as the primary point of contact for various regulatory agencies
• Experience with oversite of a foundry location is preferred
• Experience with the regulation of brownfield sites is preferred
• Must have proven track record of building cohesive teams and safety culture
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to achieve buy in is critical to this function