Job DescriptionHardwood Procurement Forester
Graham Lumber Company, a subsidiary of Baillie Lumber Co., has an immediate opening for an experienced Hardwood Procurement Forester in West Tennessee.
Located in Linden, Tennessee, Graham Lumber Co. specializes in the production of green and kiln dried hardwood lumber. We utilize a state of the art sawmill and drying facility, producing high quality grade lumber, timbers and other proprietary and custom products. Hardwood Procurement Forester Job Description
Responsible for log procurement activities within an assigned territory. Will procure hardwood timber and logs through direct landowner negotiation, timber bids and from timber dealers. Will oversee harvesting of company tracts and coordinate the delivery of cut logs to company facilities.Hardwood Procurement Forester Requirements (including but not limited to)
- Must have the ability to build and maintain a loyal supplier base.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Must follow and understand local timber market and general industry trends.
- Service and results oriented with high integrity and professionalism.
- Must have a strong desire to succeed with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work independently. Hardwood Procurement Forester Experience
***Please refer to the "Full Job Description" button below to review our physical demands form prior to applying to this position.***
- BS in Forestry
- 5 years of successful hardwood timber procurement experience.
- Knowledge of logging practices.
- A general knowledge of sawmill operation.
- Computer literate (email, excel, word, log scaling programs)