Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist II, Exploratory Biology located in Spring House PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Associate Scientist II candidate will join the Exploratory Biology group within Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO) to support biologics discovery for all therapeutic areas. This person will be part of a team validating novel targets, including complex membrane ones, to support pre-clinical and early clinical research. Primary responsibilities will include: validating reagents for investigation in new targets, developing binding assays to characterize targets, functional assays for in vitro pharmacology, investigations in novel mechanisms of action. Experience in cell-based functional assays in oncology and immunology, flow cytometry, cytokine measurements and cell culture is required. The successful candidate needs to have a strong ability to connect with other colleagues in JBIO and TA partners in a collaborative environment. The successful candidate is expected to present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
Primary responsibilities (included, but are not limited to):
- Perform literature research, design, perform and interpret in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo experiments to provide functional readouts. Relevant assays and skills include: primary cell fractionation and culture, binding assays (including ELISA, MSD, flow cytometry, immunoprecipitation, western blot, etc), antibody internalization, immunophenotyping, and various functional assays (especially pertaining to immunology, autoimmunity, and oncology). Troubleshoot where necessary.
- Analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple experiments simultaneously.
- Keep up-to-date with the literature in his/her field.
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication.
- Master's Degree in life sciences (immunology, oncology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline) with 3 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree with 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry is required; experience in cell sorting preferred.
- Experience handling human blood and primary immune cells is required.
- Experience in cell-based immunological functional assays is required.
- Experience in immune cell type isolation and derivation (including T cell subsets, NK cells, monocytes, macrophages), as well as their expansion and functional characterization is preferred
- Experience in testing antibodies in in vitro functional assays, especially pertaining to immunology or oncology, is required.
- Experience working in industry is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)