Description: The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support and focus and if you have the passion and courage to succeed, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
We invite you to join the ES&H team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space in Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA. At Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mentality, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee!
The Payload Launch Site Support Services (PLSSS) Program provides all launch processing support functions for Office of Space Launch (OSL). One of the program's two primary operating locations is Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA. Key elements of the PLSSS program scope include satellite launch processing, satellite transport operations, satellite propellant loading operations, and satellite processing facilities O&M, clean room operations, and safety and environmental services.
You will be a part of an Environmental Safety & Health (ESH) team supporting operations in satellite processing and launch preparation activities. This position requires a broad ESH background to include solid understanding of Environmental, OSHA programs, and Operations Safety. Responsibilities will include:
• Participating in the recognition, evaluation, and control of environmental and safety hazards arising in or from the workplace or facility
• Conducting internal compliance audits
• Annual recordkeeping
• Training and other non-routine ESH projects as needed
• Occasional off shift and weekend support
• Occasional travel
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Assist with emergency response activities.
Bachelor's degree with 2 years of relevant, professional experience. In lieu of a degree, candidates who have 10 years ESH experience will also be considered
• Must be a United States citizen
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance requiring expanded background investigation
• Experience in Environmental Health & Safety subject areas such as developing and maintaining program documents, collecting and presenting metrics, evaluations and/or inspections, ergonomic assessments and/or industrial hygiene assessments, conducting training for ESH programs
• Able to work in a multiple field operations environment and provide safety coverage during 24/7 operations
• Able to multi-task and support any other assignments are required for this position
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, and verbal communication skills
• Master's degree in an EH &S related field
• Experience in payload processing activities
• Experience in reviewing drawings and engineering change requests
• Experience with reviewing and approving work orders
• Experience with medical programs required by OSHA and the Range (e.g. SCAPE, respiratory, material handler, DOT, hearing conservation)
• Prior experience working with internal and external customers to include supporting associate contractors
• Current operations experience working Space Flight Hardware and ground support systems
• Current understanding of Eastern/Western Range Operations with EWR 127-1 / 91-710 experience
• Background knowledge in propellant operations, ordnance, and payload transport
• Current experience performing ESH functions for the contract and missions
• Experience with OSHA programs such as Lockout Tagout, Electrical, Respiratory Protection, Fall Protection, Hazard Communication, Aerial Work platforms, Crane operations, Accident investigation, Recordkeeping, Lead and Asbestos, etc.
• Experience with environmental programs such as Air, Water, Chemical and Hazardous Waste Management
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.