ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECT MANAGER
Environmental Monitoring & Technologies, Inc. (EMT) is an environmental laboratory, providing our clients with quality testing services for 35 years. We specialize in analysis of water, wastewater, and soils for organic and inorganic compounds, as well as conducting field sampling services for a variety of regulatory programs. In an effort to prevent hazardous substances harmful to the environment from entering fresh water sources, EMT samples flows of water, wastewater, and stormwater, for such harmful substances as lead, mercury, cyanide, and dozens of other organic and inorganic compounds.OBJECTIVES OF POSITION:
To ensure client's compliance with environmental regulations.
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project completion, in accordance with EMT Standard Operating Procedures, from initial client contact, final report writing and invoicing. This may include interaction with regulators, and with clients regarding environmental services. The Project Manager identifies and determines the proper scope of work based upon discussions with our clients. The Project Manager is the client's advocate during the sampling, analytical, and reporting process. The final objective is to help clients stay in compliance with environmental regulations. The Project Manager will receive training and support to ensure success in this position. SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS:
- Establish pricing in accordance with EMT, Inc. Pricing Guidelines and secure the appropriate internal approvals prior to releasing the proposal to the client
- Complete all project set up activities to meet the requirements of EMT's Laboratory Management System. (LIMS).
- Write work orders and schedule all analysis, pickups, and field work with the Field Department and Laboratory as specified in EMT Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Review all Chain of Custodies (COCs), daily to ensure the correct tests and methods are selected and logged into LIMS and resolve all questions with client/field/lab prior to initiation of services.
- Make sure that all COCs reflect what the client needs and wants and that the COCs are filled out correctly. Resolve any ambiguities prior to the start of work.
- Review all tests methods to ensure that work product will comply with regulatory parameters, detection limits, etc., and any unique needs or concerns of the client
- Ensure that work orders are handled correctly and on a timely basis while taking in to account all other work project currently is processed.
- Communicate between departments regarding client requests to meet the client's expectations.
- Check on status of results to make sure that they will be reported on time and communicate any changes in schedules to the client prior to the due date
- Print out completed lab reports
- Complete the final report package by including any regulatory forms
- Submit reports to client by required deadline. Inform the client of any delays that may have a significant impact on the delivery date.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Self-directed; goal with an outcome orientation.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to be insured by EMT's insurance carrier to drive company vehicles safely and effectively.
- Background checks may be required to meet specific client requirements for on-site access to facility.
Powered by JazzHR