We are seeking an R&D Specialist to join the human anti-tumor immunology research group in Oncology Research. This individual will work on a team that develops and performs functional assays on primary human cells, including blood and tumor immune cells, tumor cells, tumor associated fibroblasts. The work will support clinical immune monitoring and exploratory assays on clinical biomarker samples collected from patients who are receiving Regeneron's cancer therapies. Some goals of the work is to understand how our cancer therapies are working in the patients we treat, to identify features of anti-tumor immune responses, and to study mechanisms of immune evasion. We need an individual with a strong background in one or more areas of tumor biology, immunology, and/or immuno-oncology.
As an R&D Specialist in the anti-tumor T cell biology team, a typical day may include the following:
- Perform tissue dissociation (both human samples and murine samples) and cell enrichment
- Adapt primary cells for in vitro culture and downstream assays
- Perform primary human immune cell and tumor cell co-cultures and independently develop and execute functional assays
- Perform high-throughput T cell screening to determine antigen-TCR pairing
- In vitro cell engineering and characterization
- Independently design multicolor flow cytometry panels, operate high-parameter flow cytometers, and perform analysis
- Develop cell-based assays to characterize roles of signaling pathways in immune modulation
- Execute cell-based molecular biology assays, including but not limited to protein analyses (immunoblotting, ELISA, immunoprecipitation, etc), quantitative assays of nuclear acids (RT-PCR, qPCR, RNAseq, etc)
This role may be for you if:
- You can work both independently and collaboratively with other internal research and clinical teams to jointly develop and advance technology-forward methods to evaluate human anti-tumor T cell function
- You are experienced in methods of human immune cell culture and functional assays and are skilled in the design of multicolor flow cytometry panels and operation of high-parameter flow cytometers
- You are an independent thinker and have problem-solving abilities
- You excel at maintaining documentation, performing data analysis independently, organizing and presenting data at internal group meetings
To be considered for this position you must have MS/BS in Molecular Biology, Immunology or related field and minimum of 5 years of experience in T cell biology and/or cancer biology. We are looking for a candidate with proven experience in tissue culture, with preference for primary cell culture experience, and hands-on experience in molecular and cell biology in the oncology field. Strong written and oral communication skills are required. Experience with high-throughput immunological screening and single cell sequencing including TCR sequencing is preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.