3 days left
- Salary Type
System One is hiring a Microbiologist for our client's Food Science R&D Department. This is a 6-12 month contract position!
- Media Preparation
- Prepare the microbiological media for in-house food testing purposes
- Maintain an inventory and well stocked supply of prepared and commercially available microbiological media formats to support testing.
- Coordinate the destruction of samples after results entry
- Maintain autoclave records related to the preparation and destruction of routine analysis
- Support food product sample receiving, analyses
- Microbiological analyses of food ingredients, finished product, and environmental swabs
- Plating for hygiene indicators and molecular testing for food borne pathogens
- Assist in sample preparation and receiving as needed
- Microbiological data interpretation and review
- B.S. in Microbiology, Food Science, Biology or related field; and 2-3 food microbiology testing experience.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, candidate must have 5+ years of food microbiology work experience.