Dewberry is currently seeking an experienced Environmental Scientist
with 5-10 years of professional experience working in the engineering and environmental consulting industry to join our Environmental Department in our Richmond, VA office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join our team of outstanding professionals. The individual will perform work associated with 404/401 permitting, which includes all aspects of wetlands inventory, analysis, delineation and stream and wetland mitigation. We are also looking for experience in performing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), and Erosion and Sediment Control Inspections.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Conduct soil, hydrology and vegetation inventory, and plant identifications.
- Prepare 404 and 401 permit applications.
- Complete permit compliance monitoring.
- Document and summarize results of field investigations and analyses.
- Prepare plans, specifications, maps, exhibits and supporting documentation for client and regulatory approvals.
- Provide client and regulatory agency coordination.
- Evaluate site conditions and select wetlands identification, mitigation and regulatory approval strategies.
- A Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Studies, Forestry, Wildlife Biology, or related field is required.
- 5-10 years of related professional experience.
- Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) or Virginia Certified Professional Wetland Delineator.
- Proficiency with GIS, AutoCAD and/or MicroStation a plus.
- Knowledge of Chesapeake Bay Regulation submittals, Wetland or Environmental design, EPA Rapid Bio-Assessment, and a NEPA background would be considered a plus.
- Proficiency in threatened and endangered species habitat evaluations, including field studies.
- DCR E&S Certification a plus.
- Additional Requirements:
- Regular field work in a variety of seasonal conditions.
- Local and occasional statewide/countrywide travel is required for position.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.