Senior Research Associate, Molecular Biology & Genomics
3 days left
- Salary Type
The Senior Research Associate, Molecular Biology & Genomics, is a key member of our Molecular Genomics team, developing advanced genomics technologies to identify and advance rare disease targets for drug discovery and for development. This role is responsible for utilizing a variety of techniques including but not limited to advanced cloning, nucleic acid purification, PCR-based assays, mammalian cell culture, viral preparation and purification, and NGS, to support the Genomics team in executing DNA-based therapy workflow. This organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and team-oriented researcher will partner with co-workers, senior experts, and across multiple functions including Discovery Research and Analytical Process Development, to ensure work is completed to support Genomics research.
- Design and implement experiments, analyze data, and present results to demonstrate feasibility of new methods with the goal of efficiently moving products through our pipeline.
- Analysis and interpretation of genome-scale data.
- Advanced cloning, PCR-based assays, and qPCR.
- Column and solvent-based nucleic acid purification.
- Mammalian Cell Culture and cell-based assays.
- Molecular genomic assays evaluating genome-wide editing.
- DNA/RNA extraction and quantification.
- Vector design and cloning.
- Whole-genome viral integration analysis.
- Gene expression.
- Expression Cassette design.
- Maintain expertise in state-of-the-art molecular biology tools and methods.
- BS or MS degree in Biological Sciences with a minimum of 5 years' relevant, hands-on experience in an academic or biotechnology/pharmaceutical laboratory environment.
- Organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and team-oriented.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, problem-solve creatively, and to work collaboratively as a member of our fast-paced research team required, and must be able to accommodate rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Familiarity with robotic liquid handlers, experience with Fluidics and Flow Cytometry, and/or experience with single-cell genomics and Bioengineering a plus.