Job Title: Product Legislation Compliance Manager, Environmental Declarations
Reports To : Corporate Director, Product Safety and Environmental Compliance
Position Location: Open for EU or US
Lead In: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
This position is responsible for implementation of Thermo Fisher Scientific's global strategy for Environmental Product Legislation Compliance (PLC). Acting as a topical expert and proactive program leader, the PLC Mgr. will provide collaborative support to all divisions as well as coordinating projects requiring in-depth understanding of environmental regulations and cross-divisional scope. Through conducting and overseeing divisional audits and gap assessments as well as working with governmental agency inspectors, the position will help the business ensure a world-class compliance program. The position will also support governmental and regulatory advocacy activities through active engagement with Thermo Fisher Scientific's trade associations and direct interaction with regulatory agencies.
The applicant should have a broad understanding of environmental regulations such as REACH and RoHS (and the global versions of those regulations), Prop 65, WFD, SCIP, etc. and familiarity with global EPR regulations and obligations. The ideal candidate will be someone who has an in-depth and operational understanding of environmental regulations and the declarations, reporting and submissions they require, has experience working with regulatory agencies and thrives on working with diverse challenges. If this is you - Thermo Fisher Scientific would like you to help fulfill its mission to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Lead tactical implementation of the corporate environmental compliance program
- Develop, refine and maintain training on corporate standards for meeting the company's Environmental Compliance obligations
- Manage and deliver on all key projects supporting key strategic imperatives
- Serve as expert business liaison across the Thermo Fisher Scientific enterprise
- Participate in Divisional PLC reviews
- Support corporate audit functions (Q&R, EHS, Trade Compliance)
- Contribute to calls for information and comments relating to environmental regulations
- Be a proactive and effective communicator
- BEng/BSc/MS/PhD degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Engineering (EE/ME/Materials), Law or related subject
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years' experience in an environmental regulatory compliance role
- Demonstrable experience working with the scope of international chemical and/or environmental product regulations and leading environmental projects
- Has effectively worked within trade associations and/or sectorial advocacy groups.
- Ability to read, interpret and operationalize environmental regulations
- Can effectively and concisely present information across all levels of the organization
- Able to concurrently oversee/contribute to multiple large-scale projects
- Domestic/international travel (~20 - 30%)
- Critical Thinker
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating innovative solutions
- Committed to integrity
- Customer centric
- Familiarity with consulting and regulatory agencies
- Laboratory experience
- Experience with REACH-IT/IUCLID or EPA CDX
- Experience translating regulatory requirements into practical guidance for R&D or Operations
- Ability to thrive in an environment without on-site supervision while taking initiative and leadership in areas of direct responsibility.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.