Harris Miller Miller & Hanson Inc. is an international leader in environmental and transportation planning, including noise and vibration control, air quality analysis, airport and airspace planning, and sustainable energy solutions. HMMH solves complex problems affecting our environment. With four offices throughout the country, we serve government and private industry clients with a broad range of innovative and effective solutions related to aviation, highway, rail, transit, industrial, construction, military, recreational, and entertainment projects. Our core values are to serve clients with excellence and honesty, to respect others, foster teamwork, and provide growth opportunities.
HMMH is looking for an Environmental Services Consultant to join our team. The ideal candidate must have a solid technical, quantitative, and technical writing background. Activities may include analyzing aircraft flight track databases to support environmental effect modeling; conducting in-field measurements of highway, rail, and aircraft-based noise and vibration; and developing models for analysis on noise, vibration and air quality impacts. You will help develop documentation and presentations of model inputs, evaluate results and conduct statistical analysis on transportation operations and land use. Candidates with backgrounds in environmental sciences, physics, math, engineering, or other technical fields are encouraged to apply. Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Use quantitative skills to analyze data to determine environmental impacts such as noise, air quality, environmental justice, and other
- Participate in data collecting field measurement trips throughout the United States
- Report results for general public comprehension
- Actively communicate with project team members as well as clients to contribute towards delivering high-quality technical solutions and documentation
- Specific duties will vary and focus on supporting analysis of transportation noise, vibration, and air quality impacts.
- BS, BA, or MS in a technical field (physics, math, engineering, aerospace/aviation, environmental sciences, or other technical fields)
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar field
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to travel for work: field measurement trips and learn to present results to clients and public
- Experience in data management, GIS mapping, and/or programming
- Experience with scripting and/or tool development; SQL and Python a plus
- Background in aerospace/aviation and flight procedures
- Experience in vibration and/or noise analysis
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Detail-oriented; able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Interest in transportation, aviation and environmental issues, acoustics and/or emissions a plus
- Burlington, MA
- Anaheim, CA
- Remote on a case-by-case basis
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth within the company to dedicated and strong performers.
HMMH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.