is currently seeking qualified applicants for the role of Environmental Planner/Scientist
for our Rancho Cordova, CA
office. This position will assist with environmental impact studies including CEQA and NEPA and regulatory technical service areas for transportation and water infrastructure projects.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Duties may include:
Required Education and Experience:
- Supporting Dewberry Project Managers by writing sections of CEQA and NEPA documents, including Initial Studies, Mitigated Negative Declarations, Environmental Impact Reports, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, and supporting technical studies.
- Preparing technical memoranda and reports in support of NEPA and CEQA documents
- Providing internal peer and QC/QC reviews for technical studies and environmental documents
- Creating maps, utilizing GIS, in support of NEPA and CEQA documents
- Conducting field work necessary to complete technical studies, prepare environmental documents or policy documents for specific projects as assigned
- Effectively managing assigned tasks and interacting with teams of staff, subconsultants, and clients including in-person and tele/video conference meetings
- Supporting the preparation of proposals and statements of qualifications in response to RFPs and RFQs.
- BS or BA in Urban Planning, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources, Environmental Science, Ecology, or a related field.
- 5-10 years of relevant professional experience as an Environmental Scientist/Planner in the environmental consulting industry in California, transportation emphasis a bonus.
Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and ability to pass a driving record background check.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects with critical timelines
- Strong organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Highly proficient with MS Office suite (e.g., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Project, Adobe Acrobat, Excel).
- Demonstrated success with preparing environmental documents (e.g., CEQA and NEPA) with a transportation emphasis (roadway, bridge, rail).
- Experience and knowledge of NEPA, CEQA, and Federal and California environmental regulatory processes, including Caltrans processes.
- Ability to prepare environmental document sections for multiple resource categories, including the ability to analyze information, develop appropriate impact findings/conclusions, and identify proposed mitigation measures, as required.
- Effective in person, tele/video conference, and written communication with direct reports, colleagues, clients, regulatory agencies, the public, and subconsultants.
- Ability for periodic travel necessary to support field surveys and/or project meetings.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Physically able to perform occasional field work under a variety of conditions, including the ability to work in typical Central Valley temperatures and inclement weather, and hike and/or drive to remote locations over uneven terrain when needed. Physically able to occasionally hike sometimes steep terrain, carrying necessary field equipment, to get to project locations.
- Office environment with prolonged sitting and computer work, or combination of office and field. Ability to effectively work from home office independently through potential COVID-19 work restrictions.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.