For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.Basic Summary We are seeking a Supervisor 3rd Shift (11PM to 7:30AM), Molecular Biology PCR for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Wayne, PA. You may be required to work a rotating shift schedule that may require weekend hours.
Responsible for overseeing daily laboratory tasks as they relate to Molecular Biology PCR Testing Services. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Schedules, coordinates, performs and supervises daily laboratory activities specific to Molecular PCR testing
- Provide direct, daily supervision and review work of assigned departmental employees to ensure accuracy and adherence to pertinent departmental policies, practices and procedures (SOP, safety procedures and biosafety protocols)
- Author and revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Standard Test Methods (STM), Batch Records (BR) as needed
- Author and/or coordinate/contribute to deviation investigations and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA)
- Author and/or contribute to change control procedures
- Ensures analysts are in compliance with cGMP requirements
- Identify training and development needs of direct reports. Assist in the development, implementation and delivery of departmental programs; ensure that direct reports receive departmental orientation and necessary training. Oversee maintenance of group training records
- Monitor performance of direct reports. Provide regular feedback and progress updates. Assist in preparation and delivery of salary and performance reviews for direct reports
- Clearly communicate goals, objectives and priorities to laboratory analysts
- Ensure optimum performance of group function. Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity and increase efficiencies
- Ensure that the laboratory and equipment are maintained in good working condition
About Biologics Testing Solutions
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent in biology or related discipline.
- 5+ years relevant technical experience, and a minimum of 2 years in supervisory-type role is preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills preferred.
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.