Director of Conservation
6 days left
- Salary Type
Archbold Expeditions, Inc.
(includes Archbold Biological Station and Buck Island Ranch)
Director of Conservation
Archbold Expeditions Inc. (www.archbold-station.org) seeks a Director of Conservation serving a leadership role and working at multiple levels to achieve conservation success in accordance with Archbold’s mission and the goals of the Florida Wildlife Corridor. Reports to the Executive Director. Key Archbold team member working with Florida Wild and the Florida Wildlife Corridor Coalition to help implement the Florida Wildlife Corridor.
1. Builds scientific, strategic, and technical capacity for Archbold’s conservation priorities, and develops, coordinates, and disseminates Archbold’s and the Corridor’s primary conservation messages.
2. High level engagement and liaison with partners including conservation organizations, government agencies, business and agriculture communities and collaborations with conservationists/policy makers.
3. Scale-up the impact of Archbold’s conservation programs via conservation collaborations at the state, national, and international scale to learn from/contribute to conservation programs in wildlife corridors and global scrub/shrub/grasslands ecosystems similar to Archbold.
4. Administrative oversight of Archbold’s Land Manager and develop and implement strategies for long-term protection of key conservation lands surrounding Archbold.
5. Up to 20% of time may be devoted to analyses and synthesis of existing data/literature (field research not anticipated) leading to publication.
Graduate degree, emphasis on ecology relevant to Archbold, Florida and wildlife corridors. PhD preferred. Minimum 3 years employment in conservation/land management, either non-profit, government agency, or corporate. Involvement in (inter)national conservation collaborations. Conservation/land management experience in Florida a plus. Administrative experience including management of staff, budgets, meetings, and multi-party projects.
Proven writing skills for science and popular articles. Excellent grant writing/funding application skills. Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to lead field trips for broad audiences, conveying strong natural history knowledge and a passion for conservation. Frequent outdoor Florida field conditions. Frequent travel.
Term position, minimum of 3 years (funding pending), with further funding dependent on candidate’s ability to help seek outside support. Application: rapid turnaround, resume, cover letter, names/contact for two references due by June 18th, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. US citizens or Permanent Residents only. Must be available for employment within six weeks of offer.
Archbold is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Apply for Director of Conservation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly