Laboratory Manager - Microbiology
4 days left
- Salary Type
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Assist the Business Unit Manager in managing daily operations of the microbiology department including scheduling, supervising, instructing, monitoring, and assisting in the performance of manual and instrumental analyses.
- Use appropriate quality measures, which meet or exceed the standards set by government regulations, and company requirements, when performing assigned tasks.
- Promote the company image through the exercising sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
- Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), and Test Methods.
- Troubleshoot equipment/instruments utilized and performs minor repairs. Coordinate major instrument repairs with repair person(s). Establish and implement procedures to ensure that assigned equipment is properly cleaned, calibrated/standardized, and adequate for the testing performed and is maintained in good working order. This includes maintaining equipment operating instructions, manuals, and required logbooks. Ensures all regulatory procedures pertaining to sample testing are followed correctly, if they are in normal course of work.
- Maintain a neat and accurate record system; keeps accurate records of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control results.
- Assist laboratory staff in making sure that analytical work done under ISO meets requirements.
- Review and evaluate test data generated within assigned area of responsibility for technical accuracy, as well as SOP and test method compliance. Perform and provide basic evaluation of statistical tests to determine the quality accuracy of data and report values.
- Investigate to determine the cause of non-conformances that are identified, determine and implement corrective action; and follow-up to ensure that the corrective action resolved the problem.
- Create and review reports.
- Review applications, conduct interviews, and make hiring decisions for the position reporting to this position.
- Train and document the training of assigned technical staff on test methods, formal SOPs, regulations, ISO requirements, and laboratory policies/procedures applicable to area of responsibility.
- Review annually the performance of personnel that report directly to this position.
- Remain current on technical, industry, and business advancements and trends as suggested by the Business Unit Manager.
- Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and coworkers; assures that clients are kept informed and their needs are met.
- Adhere to all pertinent company health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Assist with office duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.