*Microbiology Manager/Supervisor - Anaheim, CA*
The Microbiology Supervisor supervises a departmental staff that conducts testing on foods and ensures the reliability, timeliness, and accuracy of the results.
* Provides operational, technical, and administrative leadership to the Microbiology Department through supervision, planning and allocation of resources.
* Effectively supervises the Microbiology staff relating to performance management. Coaches and mentors staff to facilitate their personal and professional growth.
* Consistently produces accurate results focusing on both test results and time consideration/expectations. Ensure all results consistently stand up to internal and external audit standards and criteria
* Develops ongoing business analysis resulting in recommending, implementing, and maintaining practices and processes to continuously increase accuracy, productivity, and efficiency.
* Measures and maintains processes to increase accuracy of testing and turnaround time. Ensures appropriate equipment and technical resources are provided and maintained for the work done in the department.
* Maintains a wide-ranging familiarity with new developments in technology.
* Together with the Lab Director/Manager acts in the capacity of a Consultant to clients utilizing resourcefulness, making scientific suggestions and overall, enhancing the comfort level in the client's decision to do business with the company.
* Effectively interacts with clients to understand client issues and supervise client expectations relating to the testing process, format of results and time frames for completion. Ensures all tests are performed as per the clients' expectations and interacts with them to provide test results and recommendations.
* Effectively communicates with clients on samples provided. Including communicating with governmental agencies such as the FDA and USDA to explain test results on behalf of the client.
* Reviews and validates results and final reports prior to issuance to clients.
* Ensures execution of the QA/QC programs and ISO requirements about all operations and documentation requirements.
* Coordinates all relevant QC records pertaining to the calibration, validation and maintenance of equipment, and the continuous training of employees and maintain all quality management records for the Microbiology department.
* Collaborates with other departments and with the management team to maintain and improve Certified Laboratories management systems.
* Works effectively, in conjunction with the management team to meet business and position expectations.
* Other duties as required.
* BS degree in Microbiology or Food Science.
* 7 years technical lab experience and 5 years supervisory experience.
* Knowledge of MLG, BAM, AOAC, USP, ELAP, CMMEF procedures and ISO 17025.
* Effective interpersonal skills with strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
* Experience in broad food testing.
* Experience in creating shelf life programs and developing control/monitoring programs in a high sample volume/production environment.
* Strong quantitative skills, proven attention to detail with effective organizational skills.
* Proven ability to develop, adapt, and validate testing methods.
* Proven expertise in relevant technology.
* Proven problem solving, trouble shooting and critical thinking skills.
* Excellent computer skills required - Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint; knowledge of Labware LIMS (Laboratory Information Supervisement System) desirable.
*For immediate consideration apply today!*
*Questions? Please reach out to Dustin at DUSG877@kellyservices.com*
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of [benefits](https://www.mykelly.us/us-mykelly/perks/)?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. [Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.](https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)