Scope of the Position
The Environmental Manager develops, administers, implements and maintains environmental programs to ensure compliance with corporate standards, ISO 14001 requirements, and local, state, and federal regulations and permits for 5 Ionia locations. Manufacturing operations include metal stamping, injection molding, buffing, chrome plating, robotic painting, assembly, sequencing, and warehousing.
• Developing and implementing various environmental compliance programs, including but not limited to air emissions, storm water, waste water, DOT, and solid/liquid/universal/hazardous waste programs.
• Implementing and maintaining an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System. Represent facility during audits.
• Responsible for environmental management training, job site inspections, and reporting
• Contingency planning (SPCC, PIPP and RCRA)
• Management of on-site chemicals, including inventory, ordering, and compiling periodic summaries of chemical use.
• Management of waste streams, including, hazardous, non-hazardous, liquid industrial wastes, and recycling programs.
• Ensure compliance with facility specific air permitting requirements, NESHAP requirements, and air emission reporting requirements.
• Ensure compliance with local waste water permits, US EPA categorical pre-treatment standards, and PFAS related requirements.
• Ensure compliance with State and Federal storm water permit requirements and standards. Act as the facility's Certified Storm Water Operator.
• Ensure compliance with corporate environmental requirements.
• Review new projects, process changes, and chemical changes to determine the need for environmental permits, controls, or procedural changes.
• Organize cost improvement programs associated with wastes, chemicals and environmental improvement programs.
• Represent facility during regulatory inspections.
• Assist with management of Anodco Superfund site.
• Maintain up-to-date environmental regulatory knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices.
• Additional responsibilities, duties, tasks and/or assignments as needed.
• University Bachelor's Degree in environmental management or related field or;
• Community College associates degree in environmental management or related field or;
• Ten years environmental management work experience in a manufacturing environment
• Current Michigan industrial waste water and storm water operator certifications (or ability to obtain these certifications.)
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of environmental regulations, compliance and reporting
• Thorough understanding of ISO 14001 standard requirements. ISO 14001 Lead Auditor certification (or ability to obtain this certification).
• US DOT Hazmat transport certification (or ability to obtain this certification).
• Current OSHA HAZWOPER certification (or ability to obtain this certification).
• Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
• Ability to effectively work with a team to successfully implement a project.
• Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
• Strong analytical ability
• Troubleshooting ability is required
• Demonstrated good communication and internal customer service skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Detail orientated
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
"It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities."
"Lots of growth opportunity."
"The company's young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable."
Not just a job-a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.