Morgan Advanced Materials
is a world leader in advanced materials development and production. We produce a wide range of specialist, high specification materials that have extraordinary attributes and properties. Despite the complexity of our technologies, our focus is simple - we supply innovative, differentiated products made from advanced materials which enable our customers' products to perform more efficiently, more reliably and for longer
The Technical Ceramics
business of Morgan Advanced Materials engineers high performance functional and structural ceramic materials, components and sub-assemblies to address customer-specific technical challenges.
The business employs advanced materials science and applications expertise to produce parts that enhance reliability or improve the performance of its customers' products. Much of what the global business unit makes is used in demanding, harsh or critical environments. Our Technical Ceramics business works in selected segments of the electronics, energy, healthcare, industrial, petrochemicals, security and transport markets, typically in close collaborative customer relationships.Group Key Figures:
Revenue £1b, ~9,000 employees, manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. Listed on London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index.Major Responsibilities:
The EHS Manager provides broad support to the site in the area of Environmental, Health and Safety. The primary objective of the role is providing regular support to site operations at points of execution (on the shop floor). Promotes and contributes to a site culture where Environmental, Health and Safety are engrained as a core value with all employees. Assists EHS program implementation and daily follow-up and trains other employees in key EHS areas as necessary. Ensures on-going excellence in EHS compliance and expected work practices on the shop floor.
This position will have a multi-site function between Wilkes-Barre, PA and Twinsburg, OH.Essential Functions:
Minimum Educational and/or Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of expected EHS practices and behaviors.
- Implement and participate in company EHS policies, processes and procedures including but not limited to:
- EHS Committees
- EHS training
- Risk Assessments, Internal Inspections and Audits, Incident Investigations
- Hazard Abatement
- Confined Space Entry, Electrical Safety, Hot Work
- Machine Safeguarding, Control of Hazardous Energy (LOTO)
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Emergency procedures and equipment
- Take an active role in site waste management audits and practices
- ISO 9001-2015 Requirements
- Chemical compliance
- Environmental Management
- Management of Change
- Support other US sites as needed for EHS matters
- Troubleshoot at risk conditions using RCA problem solving tools such as 5 Why, GSTD tools.
- Take an active role to ensure that human safety is never compromised
- Provide key support to all EHS systems as directed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental best practices.
- Support site ISO 9001-2015 certification, document control process, and record maintenance.
- Troubleshoot various environmental conditions and take appropriate levels of corrective action.
- Spill response and clean up support
- Waste management
- Air emission quality
- Assist in root cause investigations of EHS related incidents.
- Provide routine training and coaching to site personnel, including the administration of a CBT LMS
- Complete all required documentation to support all federal, state and local compliance and injury prevention activities
- Complete all site federal, state and local reporting requirements
- Minimum education will be a related Associate Degree in EHS.
- Preferred education will be a related Bachelor Degree in EHS2 + years' experience in manufacturing.
- General knowledge of plant operations including Maintenance, Warehouse and Production with a related Associate Degree in EHS
- In lieu of 2 + years' experience a related Bachelor Degree in EHS will be required.
- Excellent interpersonal interactions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required along with the ability able to communicate with audiences that have a broad range of background and understanding.
- Training & presentation skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office/Windows based)
- Reading and comprehension skills/legal & regulatory interpretation
- Understand the safe operation and environmental impacts of all equipment and processes.
- Ability to actively participate in and contribute to meetings.
- Maintains effective working relationships within and outside the department.
- Communicates effectively with various support groups, supervisors and team members.
- All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by 22CFR120.15.
- Must be capable of sitting and using a computer for the majority of an 8-hour workday.
- Must be capable of occasionally lifting up to 25 lbs.
This job description does not state or imply that all duties to be performed are specifically identified above. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested or instructed by an authorized person of the Company. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
Morgan Advanced Materials is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V Employer.