When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As part of the Research and Development (R&D) team within the Protein and Cell Analysis business, you will develop new products that empower our customers to discover and gain a deeper understanding of how cells work and enable research in cell biology, immunology, oncology, and infectious disease. We utilize the latest innovations in dyes and instrumentation, combined with a growing antibody portfolio to expand the capabilities of flow cytometry, western blotting, and imaging. It is a dynamic and fast-paced environment where your contributions will have a direct impact on life science research and where you'll have the opportunity to learn and develop your career.
What will you do?
- Validate and support the commercialization of new reagents for flow cytometry
- Use knowledge of immune cell phenotypes to independently design experiments
- Conduct basic-to-intermediate troubleshooting
- Maintain mammalian cell culture, working with both primary cells and cell lines, including the preparation of human and mouse primary immune cells
- Manage multiple experiments concurrently to meet product release timelines
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory
- Prepare and present written and oral reports to manager and extended R&D teams
- Communicate effectively and work efficiently with team members across the R&D team to support product development
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the team, as assigned
How will you get here?
Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with 3-5 years of hands - on or industry experience in immunology and/or multi-color flow cytometry, or a Master's Degree with 2+ years' experience in immunology and / or multi-color flow cytometry.
- Must have hands-on experience performing multicolor flow cytometry experiments, including sample preparation of primary immune cells for immunophenotyping, data collection on digital instrumentation, and analysis and interpretation of results.
- Experience preparing and culturing human and mouse primary immune cells and familiarity with the basic phenotypes of primary immune cell subsets preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.