CSS is looking to identify an Environmental Risk Assessor to support upcoming contracts.
This position is in our Environmental, Safety and Health division. CSS is a professional and technical services provider to government and commercial clients. Our services are organized into four business lines and several cross-cutting services that we have cultivated through our 32 years of corporate experience. The four business lines are Earth, Space & Life Sciences, Emergency Response & Disaster Recovery, Environmental, Safety & Health, and Natural Resources Management. We provide competitive compensation and benefits package for our employees.
Candidates should be self-motivated with good attention to detail, excellent references, good ability to work independently, a record of timely delivery, and a history of successful project results. Responsibilities:
- Prepares Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessments in accordance with federal and state guidance
- Analyzes large environmental datasets, conducts statistical analyses, and prepares data for presentation in tables, figures, and other exhibits
- Reviews and interprets environmental and toxicological studies and reports
- Supports remedial strategy/risk management development for contaminated sites
- Contributes to sampling and analysis plans for various media
- Prepares written documents
- Bachelor's degree (graduate degree preferred) in toxicology, public health, or environmental sciences
- 5-10 years of experience performing environmental risk assessments under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Demonstrated application of the Risk Assessment Guidance for Superfund (Parts A-E) (RAGS), at multiple sites
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desirable: knowledge of Defense Environmental Restoration Program (DERP) or Department of Defense (DoD) operations, activities, and installation
- The successful candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, have strong computer skills, able to maintain records, and work both independently and collaboratively with co-workers and partners in office and field settings
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Position requires US citizenship
CSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.