Energy, Environment & Infrastructure
Environment & Planning
Flagstaff or Phoenix, AZ
ICF is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees worldwide. ICF partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions for energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. ICF combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. ICF fosters a highly skilled, energized, and empowered workforce. ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels (EOE - Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Find out more about ICF at www.icf.com.
About On-Call Employment with ICF
Given the seasonal or project-specific nature of our environmental work, ICF often hires environmental professionals through "On-Call" contracts. On-call employees are scheduled for work hours as they become available and suitable weather conditions permit (work is usually scheduled a few weeks ahead of time), and each on-call employee is free to accept or refuse the hours assigned to them in a given week. On-call employees may work concurrent projects outside of their ICF assignment (as long as their outside work does not create a conflict of interest with the work they do for ICF). Expected field work responsibilities to include 40-50+ hours per week for three weeks of the month occurring year-round. Work would be based out of Flagstaff or Phoenix, AZ.
As a Wildlife Technician, you will be responsible for conducting wildlife surveys including raptor and eagle use surveys, avian point counts, and ground-based raptor nest surveys, and prey base surveys at a proposed wind energy development site. The field work will require long and often irregular hours (nights, early mornings, and some weekends) in potentially adverse weather conditions. Technicians must be able to confidently identify southwestern avian species by sight and sound. Prior experience conducting raptor and eagle surveys is preferred. Technicians must have excellent navigational skills with GPS as well as maps and compass, and be able to operate four-wheel drive. Technicians will work as part of a team, so group collaboration, cooperation, and communication skills are essential! However, technicians will also be required to work independently in the field, so dedication, accountability, and resourcefulness are also equally important qualities.
- Raptor and Eagle Use Surveys.
- Ground Nest Surveys.
- Avian Point Counts.
- Prey Base Mammalian Surveys.
- Record keeping, longhand field notes, and data entry.
- Work in a manner that promotes safety for yourself and others around you.
- B.S. degree in wildlife biology or closely related field.
- Must be proficient in navigation using maps, iPads, and GPS.
- Must have a valid driver's license, be able to operate four-wheel drive and pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Must be able to work independently in the field for extended periods of time, often with limited mobile phone reception.
- Have solid avian and mammalian identification skills.
- Ability to hike long distances, withstand cold/hot and windy conditions for long periods, and be able to lift heavy items (more than 30 lbs.) if needed for field safety.
- Strong knowledge of Rocky Mountain and Colorado Plateau wildlife and plant species.
- Previous consulting experience or biological resources management.
- Experience in or knowledge of energy development industry.
- Previous experience conducting eagle use surveys and avian point counts.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible regarding the work schedule in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to follow established field and data management protocols.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and Esri Arc GIS programs.
- ICF offers Paid Sick Leave and an optional retirement benefit for on-call employees, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized, and empowered workforce.
- Hourly pay commensurate with experience. Position start dates are flexible, but should begin approximately 6/1/2021 and continue through 6/30/2022. Hours will be full time (minimum 35 hours/week) with the possibility of overtime.
- Lodging and meals may be expensed during the project duration.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy (https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity) .
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated\files/employers/poster\screen\reader\optimized.pdf) and Pay Transparency Statement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp\English\unformattedESQA508c.pdf) .
Arizona Remote Office (AZ99)Need help? We're here:ICFCareerCenter@icf.com
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.