Scientist, Immunology, Drug Discovery Biology
We are seeking a Scientist for the Drug Discovery Biology Group at Homology Medicines. The individual will be energetic and self-motivated, with a desire to succeed at the highest level; joining our team of scientists developing unique AAV/Gene Editing technology for targeted gene therapy indications. This individual will interact with other team members to design and execute immune assays aimed at defining the mechanism of action in appropriate biological targets. Significant cross-functional collaboration with a talented and dedicated group of scientists including molecular biologists, cell biologists, bioinformaticians and virologists ensures a diverse exposure to the drug discovery process. As a member of the team, the candidate will have significant responsibility to drive success of their own project with opportunities to acquire new skills, in an innovative and fast-paced environment. This position offers the opportunity to take part in the rapid translation of pre-clinical work to apply our technology platform in a clinical setting.
- Isolation and culture of mammalian primary immune cells
- Cytokine analysis using technologies such as ELISA, MSD, Luminex, and ELISPOT
- Cellular phenotyping using flow cytometer
- Developing, optimizing and performing in vitro and in vivo immune assays to characterize the mechanism of action of HMI's proprietary AAV gene editing technology
- Maintenance of laboratory records, procedures and summaries of data
- Perform laboratory experiments, report and present data, and suggest future work to management and project teams
- Collaborate with other team members
- PhD with 5+ years of relevant industrial or academic experience or BA/BS or MS in Biological Sciences with 10+ years of relevant industrial or academic experience.
- Extensive experience in human PBMCs, T cells, and DCs; experience in AAV/Gene editing technology is plus
- Proven ability to work independently and design experiments, trouble shoot, interpret and report data back to teams
- Experience with cell assays including maintenance of mammalian cell cultures, growth and survival assays, immune functional assays
- Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, and organization skills are critical
- Collaborative and proactive attitude