United States of America - Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
The Environment Business Line of AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Environmental Scientist for immediate employment in the Pittsburgh, PA office. We are looking for someone with 4+ years of experience to assist with natural resource investigations and permitting for a variety of projects related to: natural gas development, solar development, electric transmission development, land development, mining/quarrying, transportation, and/or water resource management. The candidate will join an excellent team with unlimited career growth potential. We are seeking a dynamic individual, capable of conducting field surveys; someone who works well with other staff and is comfortable working in small or large groups; and someone that can deliver high quality technical documentation and reports. A successful candidate will utilize these skills to prepare technical reports and interact with a variety of staff, project managers, clients and regulatory agency staff.
Responsibilities include but aren't limited to the following:
- Collecting and analyzing biological data to determine natural resource impact.
- Writing technical documents and permit applications.
- May specialize in research centering on particular plants and animals and/or the ecology of these organisms.
- Will specialize in wetland delineation, reporting, and permitting.
- Will be responsible for leading field crews and wetland/watercourse investigations and similar type task management.
- Fully qualified scientist. Utilizes scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Requires general familiarity within a broad field of scientific knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines/fields.
- Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state, and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Solves problems by use of combinations of standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
- Participates in planning required to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Conducts analysis and investigation work obtained from a variety of sources.
- Performs inspections and tests to ensure compliance.
- Participates in developing corrective measures and procedures. Formulates hypothesis, performs research and makes recommendation.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM's global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals - to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
- BA/BS in science or related field + 4 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Valid driver's license is required
- Due to the nature of the work, US citizenship is required.
- MS in science or related field
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the environmental consulting space
- 4 years of specialty/focus in wetland delineation, reporting, and permitting.
- Have a track record of leading field crews, wetland/watercourse investigations and similar type task management.
- Background in natural resource investigations and permitting for a variety of projects related to: natural gas development, solar development, electric transmission development, land development, mining/quarrying, transportation, and/or water resource management.
- Fully qualified scientist
- Capable of working in small or large groups
- Experience delivering high quality technical documentation and reports
- Experience working with fellow employees on various levels as well as regulatory agency staff
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 246236BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.