We are looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (EHS) to join our team. In this role, you will ensure that our company is a safe work environment for all employees through implementation of policies, trainings, procedures and culture of all the facilities. This is a great opportunity for an EHS professional to be responsible for continuous improvement of an effective Environmental, Health and Safety program.Essential Responsibilities-
Qualifications-MUST HAVE CSP CERTIFICATION
- Interact with the various local, state and federal agencies such as MWRA, OSHA, DEP, EPA, Insurance carriers, --Local Fire/Police, and many others for permitting and inspection requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental and health regulations, as well as keeping abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that potentially impact the organization.
- Coordinate all aspects of resource use, pollution reduction, waste management, environmental health, and risk assessment and employee involvement.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within the organization.
- Chair the Safety Committee each month and coordinate with members to complete action items.
-B.S. degree or higher in Environmental field or related discipline.
-5+ years of experience in EHS field.
-Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of health and safety functions within a manufacturing environment and the federal and state regulations pertaining a facility.
-Environmental or OSHA related training such as HAZWOPER, GHS, etc. is desired.
Powered by JazzHR