Renewable Energy Project Manager / CEQA Environmental Planner
- Manage large projects (complex, multidisciplinary projects; EIS/EIR/PEA/AFC) on time and within budget.
- Focus on renewable energy projects.
- Provide guidance to clients and team members with federal and state regulations, including CEQA/NEPA, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and Endangered Species acts.
- Provides technical training and supervision to staff.
- Provides a high-level of quality control.
- Develops proposals; serves as proposal manager; manages preparation of proposals for complex projects, including development of budgets and schedules.
- Acts as Project Manager to define and oversee work plan for projects under his/her supervision.
- Coordinates project tasks to meet cost and schedule objectives and is responsible for project performance to meet client and company objectives.
- Serves as primary client contact on multiple projects under his/her supervision.
- Serves as technical lead on designated projects.
- Provides input to Manager/Director to assure the proper utilization and scheduling of staff and advises of project status.
- Assists with technical review/guidance for departmental staff members.
- Serves as direct supervisor for department staff.
- Ability to speak to a potential client panel during interview/bid process.
- Mentor junior planners and cross-train other staff members and provide opportunities for them to assist with field work as appropriate.
- Demonstrates experience managing MSAs, including administrative duties, such as staffing, scheduling, budgeting and allocating resources to meet project requirements.
- Responsible for new bookings with existing and new clients.
- Serve as Project Manager by preparing project scopes of work, budgets and schedules, coordinating with clients, and planning and executing project and proposal meetings.
- Provide detailed presentation to potential future clients.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous CEQA environmental planning experience related to renewable energy projects (solar, wind, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Studies/Science or similar field required, Advanced degree (MS, PhD) preferred.
- Minimum 8 - 15 years of experience in technical discipline required and 4 years of experience in a technical lead and/or demonstrated leadership preferred. (Advanced degree may substitute for up to 2 years' experience.)
- Professional certifications required.
- Strong conceptual, organizational, problem-solving, and research capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong computer and technology skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Committed to safety and promoting safe behaviors.
- Strong aptitude and desire to learn the business.
- Implements project health and safety standards.
- Contributes to Department and Company Objectives and Key Results.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize critical thinking; a flexible approach to problem solving; excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), planning, and organizational skills; and attention to detail.
- Exceptional public speaking/presentation skills preferred.
- Assists with quality control.
- Demonstrates initiative, and independent thinking.
- Possesses strong leadership skills, ability to work independently and as a team member, and exemplary work habits, common sense, punctuality, and adaptability.
- Demonstrates positive motivation and is a self-starter who also works well in team settings, is detail-oriented, and enthusiastic.
- Performs support in business development, responsible for new bookings, demonstrates initiative, independent thinking, and strong problem-solving skills. Demonstrates strong relationships with clients.