Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information:
- Austin, TX.
- Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division
The position is based in Austin, TX and is part of the R&D team within the Clinical Next Generation Sequencing Division (CSD). The mission of this business unit is to develop next generation sequencing based solutions to support research and IVD applications in oncology and other clinical domains.
How will you make an impact?
Next Generation Sequencing is rapidly reshaping life sciences, translational research, and clinical diagnostics. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, a leading contributor in these fields, we are dedicated to broaden the range of NGS applications with a focus on comprehensive oncology diagnostics. If you are a motivated and innovative scientist seeking to advance your expertise in these fields, we would like to invite you to join our NGS R&D team. The candidate will have strong experimental skills, a broad understanding of molecular biology technology, and an understanding of regulated product development (CE-IVD and IVD).
What will you do?
- Provide laboratory bench work with focus on sample preparation and sequencing to support development of targeted sequencing assays.
- Assist in executing various R&D activities through different phases of product development, including product QC method development and manufacturing transfer.
- Assist in performing experimental design, basic data analysis, interpretation, and data summarization to help guide assay development.
- Perform and prioritize daily assignments to ensure timely completion of tasks and projects.
- Work in close collaboration with cross functional teams including bioinformatics, instrument, Product Manager, Manufacturing to deliver high quality results.
- Support On-Market product and manufacturing troubleshooting with strong 'customer-first' mind set.
- Follow regulatory compliance in ISO 9001 and 13485.
How will you get here?
- BS Degree, 3+ years/MS Degree, 1+ years of industry experience.
- Possess a clear understanding and have related experience in basic molecular biology techniques (including DNA, RNA and protein handling, PCR, qPCR, nucleic acid quantification methods).
- You should have a solid knowledge of the next-generation sequencing as demonstrated by your publication history or industry experience.
- In depth understanding of genomics and cancer biology will make you a stronger candidate.
- Effective communication skills, especially for presenting scientific results, keeping records and working collaboratively in a team of scientists are necessary.
- Direct experience with product development cycles and IVD regulations is a plus.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.