Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an experienced individual to work as a Biologist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Support the Cell Culture Development (upstream) group of the Vaccine Production Program (VPP) at the Vaccine Research Center.
- Perform development studies of cell culture processes, under supervision, for VRC clinical vaccine or therapeutic candidates and support tech transfer to the VCMP for clinical material generation for the VRC.
- The vaccine candidates may include viral vaccines, recombinant proteins and/or virus- like particles, or monoclonal antibodies.
- The cell culture processes may include process development and scale up mediated by microbial (bacterial, yeast) and mammalian cell expression systems.
- Capture results in lab notebooks and contribute (by authoring or reviewing) technical documents such as Process Descriptions, SOPs, and Technical Reports
- Operate bioreactors (set-up, batch, monitor, harvest, and break-down) other cell culture equipment (e.g. metabolite analyzers)
- Participate in project and laboratory meetings, keep current with compliance obligations, and have shared responsibility for maintenance of common laboratory equipment and designated areas.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- BS degree in a Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, BioEngineering, or other life sciences is required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in mammalian and/or microbial cell culture development is required.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients . We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Why Kelly ®* *?
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.
About Kelly *®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)