Wood is recruiting a Planner/Scientist
(mid to senior level) to support projects related to landscape-scale planning and technical analysis throughout the US. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience related to planning for resource management, facilitating meetings, and creating documents. This position will appeal to individuals with a technical background related to land management, desire to craft plans that protect sensitive resources while achieving management goals, excellent technical writing skills, independent work ethic, and a desire to work on interdisciplinary teams with a diverse array of projects. This position will be supporting senior biologists and planners to support federal agencies with land management planning and related tasks.
The successful candidate will work with team members throughout the US, including coordinating team members to complete tasks on complex projects, work with clients to develop products for and facilitate meetings, and serve as lead writer on documents in technical expertise. This is NOT a NEPA planning position, although NEPA analysis may occasionally be part of a project. The successful candidate will also be able to work with established groups within the company related to urban planning, social sciences, anthropology, depending on the candidate's technical background.
Wood E&IS invites qualified applicants with a Bachelor's degree or higher in the fields of planning, social science, natural resources economics, recreation planning, biological sciences, anthropology, or an equivalent discipline with 5-15 years direct work experience to apply for the position. A Master's degree and some project management experience is preferred. Prior experience with resource planning in a federal or state agency, particularly related to forestry activities, is required. This position can be either full-time or part-time, and location is negotiable.
- Bachelor's Degree in planning, social science, natural resources economics, recreation planning, biological sciences, or anthropology
- Prior federal agency experience or state park/forestry agency experience, particularly with land use and/or resources planning (NOT NEPA ONLY)
- Organized and proficient technical writer
- At least 5 years of technical experience and meeting facilitation experience
- Proficient in Office 365 applications, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Ideally, already familiar with Teams, Visio, and similar applications.
- Master's Degree in similar field(s)
- Meeting facilitation training and/or more than 8 years of related experience
- Experience with writing and analysis for a land use plan or resources plan
- Experience analyzing for multiple use of resources
- Experience preparing summaries of baseline conditions, determining management requirements, and analyzing potential impacts (specific to your technical background)
- Experience evaluating recreation use and scenic character data, experience with wilderness evaluations, experience with wild and scenic river eligibility
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.