- location:Saint Louis, MO
- salary:$24 - $28 per hour
- date posted:Thursday, May 20, 2021
- job type:Temporary
- industry:manufacturer of agricultural chemicals
Randstad has an immediate position for an innovative Plant Biologist with experience in plant development and physiology. Our client is a global life science leader with a focus in agricultural research. You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities for system or process improvements, onboarding of new technologies or methods, and assisting in method development. This is a great opportunity in a positive, innovative work environment where all workers are treated with respect and diversity is accepted. Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or above in area of biological sciences
- 1 or more years of research experience in Crop/Plant Physiology, Plant Developmental Biology, Plant Reproductive biology, Plant Cell Biology, Tissue culture and Transformation, Plant Biochemistry or related field is desired
- A high attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
What you will do:
- Support the design, execution and analysis of experiments to better understand/characterize the physiological & developmental response of crop plants to various treatments aiming to improve plant performance.
- Generate high quality data and maintain detailed record keeping and ISO documentation for process improvements.
- Collaborate with other scientists on the team and support the discovery, development and deployment of novel technologies.
- Complete job-related trainings and share a culture of safety, innovation, customer focus & collaboration.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Plant Biology
- Microsoft Office (5 years of experience is required)
- Plant tissue culture (1 year of experience is required)
- Bachelors (required)
- Years of experience: 1 year
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8 AM - 4 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.