The Senior Research Chemist conducts research on new technologies and provides technical support on existing products and services. Formulating innovative products and providing required support to QC/Manufacturing utilizing analytical procedures and latest technologies to ensure optimum safety, accuracy, and quality performance standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Research & Development, commercialization of innovative Microbiological treatment programs for water treatment industry with short-term and long-term business impact.
- Develop new and differentiated biocide and other water treatment products by working with the technology managers, product line champions.
- Conduct laboratory tests for simulation of related industrial process applications related to Microbiology
- Document and report out the results to associated sales or technical staff
- Regular interactions with QC and Manufacturing to help design a process to improve the quality of the products
- Be the ISO point of contact from R&D; carry out ChemTreat, Inc. specific and other needed certifications for the testing equipment. Calibrate and maintain the associated testing equipment/instruments.
- Provide technical support to the procurement, WAVE and MAVE teams to improve the product margins
- Offer necessary guidance to the early career and university interns
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. in Bio-Organic chemistry or in related science field or relevant industrial experience
- Experience in R&D laboratory with demonstrated organic chemistry and chemical synthesis experience/ Microbiology/ Molecular Biology/ Enzymology with demonstrated research proficiency
- Advanced familiarity with common laboratory and field instruments, equipment, and techniques
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The EEO posters are available here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) .We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at 202.419.7762 or email@example.com to request accommodation.If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.