ORAU has a contingent job opportunity for a Biologist. This position will support of the overall functions of the Virus Persistence and Dynamics Section. The position is contingent on award of an upcoming contract with NIAID Professional, Scientific and Technical Support Services. Salary for positions will be determined based on education and experience. Relocation support is not available for this position.
ORAU has been providing scientific and technical talent staffing solutions and designing, managing, and evaluating jobs and internships for more than 70 years. ORAU assists in connecting the best and most diverse group of students, recent graduates, faculty and professionals with world-class fellowships, internships and job opportunities, whether in national laboratories, research institutions, federal government offices or private sector R&D departments.
• Conduct research using the principles of basic molecular biology and high throughput
• Perform tasks utilizing:
o Nucleic acid extraction
o PCR and reverse transcription PCR
o Sequencing library preparation
o Data analysis software, including Geneious or similar, used to generate multiple
sequence alignments, analyze open reading frames, determine amino acid
sequences, identify important mutations, and construct phylogenetic trees
• Interact with scientists from other organizations or institutions involved in similar or
related research projects.
• Interact with students, post-doctoral fellows and non-doctoral research technicians on
experimental design and laboratory-based methodologies.
• Design experimental approaches to provide critical evaluation of scientific data
• Bachelor's degree, M.S. preferred, in life science from an accredited college or university.
• Must have at least 2 years of full-time laboratory experience obtained after or concurrent with