Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Staff Research Scientist in Computational Biology
Bayer U.S. LLC's Cambridge, MA, office seeks a Staff Research Scientist in Computational Biology toprovide scientific expertise in support of ongoing collaborative projects, including target discovery and biomarker development.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Staff Research Scientist in Computational Biology, are:
- Will identify novel therapeutic targets and biomarkers from the investigation of in-house and public human Transcriptomic, Single-cell/nuclear, Genetic datasets from preclinical assays, clinical samples, and real-world datasets.
- Provide bioinformatics expertise to identify the latest algorithms and methods for target identification and genomics analyses;
- Perform single-cell transcriptomics analyses; and
- Strengthen the joint laboratory implementation of algorithms and analyses pipelines using comprehensive experience in structural bioinformatics, genomics, mutational analyses of genomic variants, biomarker and target identification to optimize research in precision medicine.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD degree (or foreign equivalent degree) inBioinformatics or adirectly-related field; and
- Five (5) years of experience in a related position.
- Must also have any experience with or knowledge of:
- Programming in R/Python;
- Data-driven methods for target identification and biomarker discovery;
- Performing machine-learning/deep-learning with focus on multi-omics data integration;
- Utilizing public datasets on bulk and single-cell RNA-seq for target and biomarker discovery;
- Implementing computational tools for variant impact prediction;
- Using bioinformatics techniques for mutation assessment and target prioritization;
- Biological pathways & mechanisms, and application of computational biology methods in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry; and
- The overall process of drug discovery and development.
- Experience can be concurrent.
Apply at http://career.bayer.us, #72640396.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: United States : Massachusetts : Cambridge
Division: Enabling Functions
Reference Code: 382586