United States of America - North Carolina, Morrisville
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Entry Level Environmental Scientist for immediate employment in the Fort Bragg, NC office.
AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs. Due to nature of the job U.S. Citizenship is required.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunities for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingdisaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 200 Environmental Firms
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 500 Design Firms
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize basic scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop solutions for technical problems with limited scope
- Collect and enter data, and apply technical principles and theories
- Interpret and record data, conduct analyses, compare findings to relevant studies and local, state and federal regulations to ensure compliance
- Perform site visits and field observations
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
- Able to conduct field work, tolerate variable environmental conditions, walk on uneven surfaces, and lift and carry at least 50 pounds
- Able to travel on business periodically for periods of up to two weeks
- Bachelor's degree in relevant scientific discipline (e.g., environmental science, soil science, agriculture, geology or any scientific related field) or Associate's degree in relevant discipline with at least 2 years of experience
- Ability to independently troubleshoot technical issues
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Physically able, with or without an accommodation, to work in indoor and outdoor environments with uneven terrain, variable outdoor conditions including heat and cold; position requires frequent standing/walking, operation of vehicles, keyboard/mouse operations, and repetitive or fine hand movements; often lifting less than 25 pounds; occasionally performing work with arms above shoulder level, repetitive bending/stooping, power gripping/squeezing (hand tools, levers, etc.), climbing stairs, working alone in isolated/remote areas, and lifting of 25-50 pounds; rarely working at heights, using portable ladders, and lifting of 50-75 pounds.
- + Position will include conducting field work and wearing associated personal protective equipment, including but not limited to gloves, safety glasses/goggles, safety shoes/boots, hard hat, and hearing protection.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Maps, ESRI products, and other common business software and web-based applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work collaboratively in teams and independently when necessary
- Experience conducting field and reporting tasks related to Water Quality compliance
- Expertise with ESRI suite of GIS software products including ArcMap, ArcCatalog, and ArcToolbox
- Experience collecting location data using mapping grade GPS and post processing data
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 249791BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.