Environmental Specialists are the backbone behind Triumvirate Environmental's success. They are hardworking, quick on their feet, innovative, and customer service-driven. Our customers are world-renowned life science, healthcare, industrial, and higher education institutions and our Environmental Specialists interface with them each day, serving as an extension of their own Environmental Health and Safety Departments. While Environmental Specialists begin in entry-level roles, they move on to serve in nearly every department within Triumvirate. Former Environmental Specialists are everywhere in the company including the consulting, sales, and operations management departments. The Environmental Specialist role provides you with the hands-on foundational knowledge you need to develop as an environmental professional. Bring your hard work and curiosity to Triumvirate and build your career in the environmental services industry by joining our Environmental Specialist Team.
- Manage hazardous and chemical waste programs for clients onsite following Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Department of Transportation (DOT), and other state and federal government agencies' regulations
- Execute onsite support services for the entire lifecycle of hazardous materials management programs at client sites by performing chemical inventories, segregating chemicals, and shipping hazardous waste off-site
- Characterize, consolidate, pack, and ship hazardous waste for clients per RCRA and DOT regulations
- Train clients on proper chemical safety and hazardous waste management
- Perform and document environmental health and safety audits for clients in their facilities and laboratories using Triumvirate's ADVISE program
- Develop an understanding of OSHA regulations as well as Triumvirate's Health and Safety Practices
- Respond to chemical spill emergencies by managing the containment, clean up, and disposal of hazardous materials
Upon completion of emergency response (ER) training, all Environmental Specialists will be on a rotating ER team; requirements include being on-call 24 hours each day for one week out of each month.
- BS/BA in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, or Safety and Occupational Health preferred, but all majors are welcome to apply
- Valid driver's license
- Submission of college transcript
- Interest in the environmental health & safety field
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as an individual
- Leadership experience/potential
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and relationship-building skills
- Successful completion (upon the point of hire) of OSHA/DOT physical examination
- Completion of 40 Hour OSHA Hazwoper
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Class C Commercial Driver's License
- Experience in a customer service environment
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Triumvirate Environmental is one of the largest environmental services firms in North America. Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity. Triumvirate offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(K) retirement savings plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Pet assistance program
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements
- Discounted movie tickets
- And more!
For further information on Triumvirate, our corporate culture, and our benefits package, please check us out and apply at www.triumvirate.com Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug-free workplace. Safety is a priority here at Triumvirate Environmental. To learn more about emergency response preparedness, click here to read our blog! Follow us on Instagram! @triumviratecareers.