RES is the nation's largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 294 stream miles and 58,000 wetland acres and conserved and preserved 9,100 acres of endangered species habitats. RES operations include planting over 14,000,000 restorative trees and reducing over 250 tons of polluting nutrients. RES ecological solutions enable a of balance economic development and ecological sustainability.
RES has an immediate need for an Environmental Inspector to assess all phases of construction on projects located in Northern Virginia. The Environmental Inspector will be performing and making decisions independently for routine erosion/sediment control and storm water control issues.
- Monitor and perform environmental inspections to ensure regulatory compliance
- Perform daily record keeping of project activities
- Accurately document field observations and follow job-specific procedures exactly
- Assess environmental impacts to water quality, streams, wetlands and threatened species
- Interpret state and federal environmental laws and regulations, policies and best practices
- Moderate to strenuous hiking on rough/muddy terrain in adverse weather conditions in and around active construction sites
- A degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Biology, Natural Resource Management, or related field
- MS Office and Adobe software proficiency
- Highly motivated and reliable with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide exemplary customer service to a variety of clients and personnel
- 5+ years professional experience in environmental work as pertaining to construction, erosion control, or related work; construction management; and/or E&SC or construction inspection experience
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction plans and details
- CESSWI, CPESC, VA DEQ E&S Inspector or Dual Inspector certification or combined administrator
- VDOT ESCCC certification desired
- Expert in NPDES and VWP permits as it pertains to active construction
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.