Junior Biologist/Wetland Ecologist Task Lead (Field Based)
- Salary Type
ERM is hiring an experienced Junior Biologist or Wetland Ecologist Task Lead with consulting experience to play a key role in implementing our existing programs in Southern California. The ideal candidate will have served as a task leader and has a track record of high quality outputs and excellent client communication skills and responsiveness. This is a fast-track opportunity for a junior-level professional looking to advance their career with a global environmental leader, on existing contracts. The role will be a mix of remote desktop and field work. This is a full-time, limited-term, 1-year consulting role with the possibility to renew.
- Oversee desktop and field tasks related to environmental clearance and regulatory compliance.
- Achieve client's expectations for scope, schedule, and quality.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients and public agencies.
- Other duties may include natural resource surveys, biological monitoring (as necessary), field team management, and providing specialized site assessments.
- BS or MS in biology, wetland science, plant ecology or similar field with experience pertaining to a specialized biological training or field.
- At least 3 years of consulting experience that involves oversight, task management, team collaboration, QA/QC, technical writing, survey design, impact assessment and multi-media permitting.
- Basic grasp of the key biological or wetland ecology impact assessment and management issues within the public utility sector, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices.
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
- Expertise and experience in both biology and wetland ecology preferred.